Who doesn't love to have a glowing complexion? Some people are naturally born with it, pregnant women are always told they glow, and the rest of us have to fake it. So for those who fall into the latter category, like myself, here's a quick makeup routine to help you fake it...
It's pretty easy to achieve that glowing look. Be sure you start with a clean and moisturized face!
- Use a sheer liquid foundation. My guilty pleasure is Armani Luminous Silk foundation. Be sure to use the stippling technique to apply. If you need a lesson on stippling, you can read my post about it here.
- I'm in love with Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette. There are so many shades, the combos are endless!
- Eyeliner is optional, but I prefer to use it so my eyes will pop. Mally has a great eyeliner that won't smudge or run.
- Blush is important, but be sure to apply lightly...just enough to give you a flushed look. You want your skin to really show through, not be covered up. I like Mally's Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush Duo.
- Tarte's Maracuja Oil has become a staple in my product arsenal. I posted about it back in February, so you can read all about it here. I spread a few drops across my fingertips and gently pat it into my skin. This really makes you glow!
- Finish up with amazing lashes by swiping a few coats of Benefit's They're Real mascara.